Welcome to Valley Nursery School
Our Mission Statement
“Every child deserves the best possible start in life and the support that enables them to fulfil their potential. Children develop quickly in the early years and a child’s experiences between birth and age five have a major impact on their future life chances. A secure, safe and happy childhood is important in its own right. Good parenting and high quality early learning together provide the foundation children need to make the most of their abilities and talents as they grow up.”
(EYFS September 2014)
Our school aims are underpinned by five outcomes of the Every Child Matters framework:
- Being Healthy: enjoying good physical and mental health and living a healthy lifestyle.
- Staying Safe: being protected from harm and neglect.
- Enjoying and Achieving: getting the most out of life and developing the skills for adulthood.
- Making a Positive Contribution: being involved with the community and society and not engaging in anti-social or offending behaviour.
- Economic Well-Being: not being prevented by economic disadvantage from achieving their full potential in life.
We aim to:
- Create a safe, secure and stimulating environment so children can stay safe, be happy, healthy, make choices and grow in independence
- To encourage children to grow in confidence and self-esteem.
- To provide quality teaching and learning opportunities which enable children to enjoy and achieve.
- Develop respect, co-operation and positive relationships between children, parents, staff and the wider community
- Support parents and carers in their role as educator and value their contribution to lifelong learning for children and themselves
- Respond to the individual needs of children and families and to promote inclusivity
- Create genuine partnerships between school, parents and agencies in the interest of the individual child
- Promote mutual respect and trust and celebrate equality and diversity
- Raise aspirations for children, families, staff and the wider community.